Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Happy Tuesday

THE MASTER'S LEASH

When I take my dog Katie for a walk, she used to pull on the chain very tightly. She longed to be off the leash. When I let her off the leash to run, she would not come back to me until she was tired, thirsty, and hungry. To me, the most important command to a dog is 'come'. So when she was running loose, I would carry a pocket of dog treats and call her. Seldom she came, but when she did, I would grab her by the collar, pet her, tell her how good she is, and give her a treat, then let her go free. I wanted her to realize she was free, but my goal was for her to have some control over herself and come when called.


This went on for months until finally, she started to come every time. When this next phase was going well, I would grab her by the collar and take her into my house about once every ten times. In the house, she would get an extra special reward.


Atie makes me think about my relationship with God a lot. I have my leash. Oftentimes, I do not come when called. But I am learning. I know the reward is great if I just obey. One day I will hear the call, "Come", and when I do I will taken to my Master's house and once inside I will have my extra special reward.


Are you pulling on your leash today? Are you listening to the voice that says, "Come to me"?.


B. J. Cassady

Okla 

Daily Smiles:

     A computer-illiterate client called the help desk asking how to change her password.

    "Okay," I said, after punching in a few keys. "Log in using the password 123456."

    "Is that all in caps?" she asked.


                        and...

     At first it was funny. Whenever our mother played the piano, our poodle, Mollie, would sing along -- enthusiastically, in an earsplitting howl. We would all laugh, but after a while my dad couldn't take it any longer.

    "For Pete's sake," he begged, "play something the dog doesn't know."

No comments:

Post a Comment