Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Happy Wednesday

"Fill 'er Up!"
Anthony Davis tells about running out of gas on a lonely stretch of highway and being told by a motorist that there was a gas station a half-mile away. So he took the gas can from the trunk and trudged the distance in the sweltering sun. The attendant filled the two-gallon can and Anthony lugged it back and poured the gas into the tank. But when he tried to unlock the door it wouldn't open. It was then that he noticed an identical car parked a short distance away. THAT was his car; he had filled a stranger's tank.

Too many Christian's are so busy trying to fill the other person's tank that they neglect their own spiritual needs. (Pastors, are you listening???) Consequently, they find themselves slipping into slothful lifestyles or spiritual poverty because they have no energy for refueling. Your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. I pray that you will take the time needed for replenishing your own spiritual and physical resources, thereby gaining more strength for dedicated service in the future. GospeLines Prayer: O, Lord, in the morning you refresh me from a restful night's slumber. At night you comfort me with kudos from a successful day of serving You, and watch over me while I sleep. Throughout the day, you walk with me and whisper promises of encouragement in my ear. How tireless your mercy is toward me. My heart is overflowing with praise for your endless love and watchcare over me. I praise you for caring about me twenty-four seven, even when I cannot slow down to care about myself. Amen and amen.

Tommy Harrison
 
THE ARTIST
 
I watch the blank canvas as before it he stands
And I wonder what is forthcoming from the artist hands
And I watch spring forth from nothing,
A living panarama magnificient and grand
HE picks up the palette,mixes colors and then
With simple brushstroke adds another color in
Then he reaches towards the canvas, adds background colors
With a brush
And the picture keeps on changing beneath the artist touch
Dark stiff slashes that he paints in the area of the sky
Don't look like much as the flash before my  eyes
But he swirls in and through these with reds, yellow, and white
Then makes fluffy white circles which make the sky bright
Then with a knife full of color he lays out a scene
Of mountain and valley and water serene
And with the knife he lays in the shadows that contrast with the light
And I see that it takes shadows to make the picture look right.
 
I, as a canvas often fear the artist's touch
I have found the bristles from the brush can be rough
And, Oh, I fear the scraping of the knife
Why would he fill my soul with such strife
But I remember black woundings that he painted with peace
I remember with joy that he brought me release
And without the dark shadows I wouldn't recognize light
Without the deep valley there would be no mountain height
And the water, sweet water, so cool and serene
It washes, refreshes, and maketh me clean
And I cherish the artist who brushed me with the red
Color of blood which for me he had shed
And I'm so glad he keeps painting the scenes of my life
I'm so in need of the brushes, the pallett, the knife
by Ruby Haskins
August 30, 2011 -12:13 A.M.
 
Daily Smile:
A lady opened her refrigerator and saw a rabbit sitting on one of the shelves.  "What are you doing in there?" she asked.  The rabbit replied: "This is a Westinghouse, isn't it?", to which the lady replied "Yes".  "Well," the rabbit said, "I'm westing".

No comments:

Post a Comment