Friday, February 1, 2013

Happy Friday

THE WEAPON OF THE WORD 
 by Andrew Wommack
Luke 4:4 - "And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God."
MT. 4:1-11; MK. 1:12-13; LK. 4:1-13

Jesus answered every temptation with, "It is written." The Word of God is the sword of the Spirit (Eph. 6:17). It is the only offensive spiritual weapon that we have.

Since Jesus was the Word of God (Jn. 1:1), anything he would have spoken would have been the Word. He could have said "scat" and the devil would have had to go, yet He quoted the written Word of God three times.

This gives us great assurance that the written Word of God is sufficient for us. Jesus, in the face of the greatest temptations that Satan had to offer, did not need to say anything that was not already recorded in scripture.

It is likely that when Jesus returns to this earth and destroys His enemies, He will just speak the Word that has already been given in scripture. No wonder Satan tries to keep us from studying and knowing God's Word. Even our good works will hurt us if they keep us from really knowing the scriptures.

God has given us this mighty weapon of His Word! When we speak the Word in faith, hell shakes. Satan and his minions have already experienced what the Word can do. They know its power. We need to know it, too.


Oh How I Love JESUS
  1. There is a Name I love to hear,
    I love to sing its worth;
    It sounds like music in my ear,
    The sweetest Name on earth.
    • Refrain:
      Oh, how I love Jesus,
      Oh, how I love Jesus,
      Oh, how I love Jesus,
      Because He first loved me!
  2. It tells me of a Savior’s love,
    Who died to set me free;
    It tells me of His precious blood,
    The sinner’s perfect plea.
  3. It tells me of a Father’s smile
    Beaming upon His child;
    It cheers me through this little while,
    Through desert, waste, and wild.
  4. It tells me what my Father hath
    In store for every day,
    And though I tread a darksome path,
    Yields sunshine all the way.
  5. It tells of One whose loving heart
    Can feel my deepest woe;
    Who in each sorrow bears a part
    That none can bear below.
  6. It bids my trembling heart rejoice;
    It dries each rising tear;
    It tells me, in a “still small voice,”
    To trust and never fear.
  7. Jesus, the Name I love so well,
    The Name I love to hear:
    No saint on earth its worth can tell,
    No heart conceive how dear.
  8. This Name shall shed its fragrance still
    Along this thorny road,
    Shall sweetly smooth the rugged hill
    That leads me up to God.
  9. And there with all the blood-bought throng,
    From sin and sorrow free,
    I’ll sing the new eternal song
    Of Jesus’ love for me.


Daily Smile:
Tired from waiting for their overdue baby, my daughter and her husband broke the monotony one night with a trip to the movies. My daughter went inside to get seats while my son-in-law bought popcorn and drinks in the lobby.
Paying for the refreshments, my son-in-law knocked over his soda. The clerk mopped up the mess and refilled his cup. Rattled, he then joined his wife.
Talking over the background music, he dramatically described his embarrassing episode. One of his expressive gestures upset the bucket of popcorn. He sheepishly headed back to the lobby.
When he was out of earshot, the woman sitting next to my daughter turned and said, "You're not going to let him hold the baby, are you?"



In The News:

Poll: More Than a Quarter of Americans Say God Influences Sporting Events
As millions look forward to watching the Super Bowl on Sunday, a new poll finds more than a quarter of Americans believe God "plays a role in determining which team wins" at sporting events, CNN reports. Asked if they believe God plays a role in who wins, 27 percent of Americans said yes. The survey by the Public Religion Research Institute also found that more than half of Americans believe "God rewards athletes who have faith with good health and success." Institute CEO Robert P. Jones said, "In an era where professional sports are driven by dollars and statistics, significant numbers of Americans see a divine hand at play." And when it comes to athletes making public professions of faith -- such as thanking God after winning or writing Scripture references on their gear -- 50 percent of those surveyed said they approved of those types of expressions, while 45 percent said it didn't matter and 4 percent said they disapproved.

Arkansas Senate OKs Guns in Churches
The Arkansas Senate has passed a bill that lifts a ban on carrying concealed weapons in church, the Religion News Service reports. The proposal, which passed 28-4 on Monday and now goes to the Arkansas House for consideration, would allow churches to decide which, if any, worshippers with concealed carry permits can bring their firearms inside. State Sen. Bryan King, a Republican, said the Church Protection Act would provide each church "an individual decision on what they want to do for security."

No comments:

Post a Comment