Saturday, February 2, 2013

Happy Saturday

A Burning Message
 But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known... This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. - Romans 3:21-24


To find the secret behind the dynamic quality of the apostle Paul's life, look at Romans 1. Here we find three "I am" statements that reveal the heart of this man of God.
In Romans 1:14, Paul says, "I am obligated both to Greeks and nonGreeks, both to the wise and the foolish." Paul felt he had a debt to the world, not just to a select few, to tell them about the saving grace of Jesus Christ.
In verse 15, the apostle says, "I am so eager to preach the gospel also to you who are at Rome." The Greek word translated here as eager has the idea of "burning up." This is a strange thing when you consider that Paul was a Jew, and Romans hated Jews. He was small and frail, and Romans admired strength. He was not a powerful orator, and Rome was full of them.

The third "I am" is in verse 16: "I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile." Paul had a burning desire to share the gospel, because he was not trusting in his natural abilities nor was he deterred by the lack of them. His confidence was in God and in the message of the gospel.

If you can say from your heart, like Paul, "I am a debtor; I am eager; I am not ashamed," the Lord will use you in a remarkable way.
Prayer
Lord, I am willing to be molded into a workman who need not be ashamed. Amen.

The most important factor in being used by God is not our natural abilities, but our desire
.

AMEN!



Daily Smile:
While visiting my son on his Army base, I chatted with a colleague of his.
"What rank are you?" I asked.
"I'm relieved to say that I've just been promoted from captain to major."
"Relieved? Why?"
"Because," he replied, "my last name is Hook."

In The News:

French, Mali Forces Make Gains Against Islamists
French and Mali army troops have made key gains against Islamic rebels in northern Mali in recent days, CBN News reports. The troops now control the airport in the town of Kidal, the last rebel stronghold, although the fight to control the city is ongoing, France's military spokesman reported. The forces also re-captured the cities of Timbuktu and Gao; however, a lack of funds and troops is slowing down the French initiative. The African Union recently pledged $450 million in aid to fight the Islamists, but says an additional $500 million is needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment