Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Happy Tuesday

Who's Your Boss?
Colossians 3:23-25
Bob closed his door, threw himself on his bed, and pounded his fist into his pillow again and again. "It's not fair!" he growled out loud. "I use a few words that Dad says all the time, and I get sent to my room! No one punishes him."

"What do you say we have another break?" asked a loud voice. Startled, Bob glanced out his open window. Three men were working on the road in front of his house.


"Good idea," answered the tallest one, and two of the men walked to a nearby tree and flopped down in the shade. The third, a dark-haired man, kept working. Soon one of the others came back and tried to persuade him to join them.


The dark-haired man shook his head. "No, Pete. I've already had my break this afternoon," he said as he pushed his shovel.


"Haven't we all?" replied the other man. "So what's to keep us from taking another one? Harry's gone for the day, so who's to know or care? Besides, George over there has been with the company a long time-way longer than us, so he's kinda like our boss now that Harry left."


"Well, Mr. Grant wants this job finished today, and we'll have to push to get it done," replied the third man.


The other one laughed. "You're crazy to turn down a chance to loaf on the job-especially when the boss does."


"Maybe you think it's foolish," the dark-haired man said, "but I wouldn't feel right taking what isn't mine-time or anything else. Besides, I work for Mr. Grant. He's the real boss on this job."

Wow! That guy's really honest! Bob thought as he turned from the window. He keeps working even when the other guys set a bad example for him. I . . . I guess I shouldn't follow bad examples, either. I'm a Christian, and-like my Sunday school verse said-I'm supposed to be serving God. I guess it's like He's my boss, so . . . well, even though my own dad uses bad words, I should do what God wants. He sighed. I'll have to apologize to Mom, too. Then a new thought came to his mind. Instead of following Dad's example in this, I should be an example to him if he's ever going to accept Jesus like I have.


How About You?
What kind of example do you set? Perhaps people you love and generally respect set poor examples for you. You may hear them say bad words or see them cheat or do other things that are not right. When that happens, it's probably hard for you to do what you should. But if you're a Christian, you serve Christ. Do and say what He approves of, not what others are doing or saying-even if they're parents, teachers, or other adults. Set a good example for anyone who may be watching you. 


All To JESUS I Surrender
All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.
      I surrender all,
      I surrender all.
     All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
      I surrender all.

All to Jesus I surrender,
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
Take me, Jesus, take me now.

All to Jesus I surrender,
Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel Thy Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.

All to Jesus I surrender,
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.

All to Jesus I surrender,
Now I feel the sacred flame.
Oh, the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory to His name! 
 

Daily Smile:
Glen, why do you always get so dirty? Asked the teacher.

Well, I'm a lot closer to the ground than you are. He replied


In The News:

Lawyers: U.S. Pastor Being Tortured in Iranian Prison
Iranian-American pastor Saeed Abedini is being tortured in an Iranian prison, according to the American Center for Law and Justice, which has filed an appeal on his behalf, CBN News reports. Abedini is serving eight years in Iran's notorious Evin Prison because of his Christian faith, and the Iranian regime has cut him off from his wife and children who live in the United States. The ACLJ reported that Iranian officials refuse to let Abedini communicate with his family via phone and have been trying to convince him that efforts to secure his freedom have ceased. "When I heard this from my husband, I cried," his wife, Naghmeh, said. "It broke my heart. Behind those walls he feels helpless and relies on us to be his voice. It is so easy to feel forgotten in the walls of the prison. Please help me make sure he is never forgotten." The ACLJ is working with Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., and Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., to urge the Obama administration to intervene on Abedini's behalf.

Gunmen Kill, Shoot Two Pastors in Kenya as Violence Increases
Two church leaders in Kenya were attacked Thursday morning by unknown gunmen in the city of Garissa, Open Doors USA reports. Pastor Abdi Welli was pronounced dead on arrival at a hospital and Pastor Ibrahim Makunyi of the East Africa Pentecostal Church was immediately rushed to a hospital, where his condition was described as stable and out of danger. Pastor Welli, who was evangelized, discipled and mentored by Pastor Makunyi, is survived by his wife and three young sons. Garissa is a violence-stricken city in Kenya's northeast, and the Islamic terrorist group al Shabaab has been targeting Christians and churches in the area. "The attack today is the latest in increasing violence, especially in the Garissa area," said Open Doors USA spokesman Jerry Dykstra. "It was reported by Open Doors that 22 Christians were killed in incidents last year and over 100 seriously injured or maimed."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment