Sunday, October 6, 2013

Happy Sunday

The best thing most of us can do in this world!

(J.R. Miller, "Help for the Day")

There are a few people whom God calls to do great things for Him. The best thing most of us can do in this world, is just to live out a real, simple, consecrated, Christian life in our allotted place. Thus, in our little measure, we shall repeat the life of Christ Himself, showing men some feeble reflection of His sweet and loving face; and doing in our poor way, a few of the beautiful things He would do if He were here Himself.

"I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength!" Philippians 4:11-13

No comments:

Post a Comment