Thursday, October 10, 2013

Happy Thursday

“Sharing the Wonder”

John 4:27-30

When God blesses you with a “teaching moment,” give it away as quickly as you can so someone else can be blessed by it. That is what the Samaritan woman did when she shared the wonder of her visit with Jesus at the well.

And that is what my eleven year old third cousin did. If you want to know how to pass it forward when Jesus blesses you, take notes from Joseph:

“Me and my dad were driving down the road and an eighteen-wheeler avoided something in the road. (It was one of those little ramps that you put on a trailer.) The car tail-gating the truck was not paying attention and he hit the ramp in the road. Luckily my dad saw it flying about 10 feet in the air. He turned left because it was heading for me. He yelled at me; I didn’t know what he was saying but I had a feeling he wanted me to duck. When I ducked I heard a BANG!!! The right mirror was completely wiped out…that’s a lot of force and then it dented and scratched all down the RV and bent the steel piece that holds up the awning. If my dad did not see the piece of steel hurdling towards us I could have been decapitated. I’m really thankful to God that my dad saw it.”

I am impressed that Joseph learned to give God the glory at such a young age.

That’s all witnessing is, just sharing what God has done for you. The Samaritan woman only told what she had experienced and a village was evangelized. She was amazed that Jesus could see into her heart as no one else could, and she shared her experience with others. No discovery is complete until it fills your heart to the overflow mark, and you are then compelled to give it away.

Many who read the story of Joseph’s brush with death will be moved by it. And some will search their hearts to discover moments in life when Jesus has made a difference. When you share that information with someone else, it will bless them as much as you have been blessed by reading Joseph’s powerful story. Then do as he did, and give God the credit. You will never know how important your willing testimony means to someone until you share it.

GospeLines Prayer: Father, thank you for Joseph, who reminds us that “to God we give the glory for all things;” from his words, inspire us to share the many wonders which happen to us every day, so others can know You as we do. Amen and amen.

Tommy Harrison
tommy@gospelines.com

No comments:

Post a Comment