Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Happy Tuesday

Good Morning,
Grason is at Children's Hospital in New Orleans... Bed rest, Pain Medication, & Observation... MRI Tuesday and Physical Therapy to learn to walk with crutches... I think we are somewhere between Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis and Transient Synovitis... The first requires surgery and the second is treatable... 

Elaine and Kim are staying the night with Grason...

Happy Reading,
Richard

Good Morning and HAPPY TUESDAY UPDATE,
___My Prayer Sunday was that the injury to Grason's hip/ball joint would be simple and easy to fix...
___EVEN when I heard at the ER, the joint was dislocated, I was thankful, because I knew that the injury could have been worse... What I did not realize was that My LORD was not through with Grason...

• Just got word from Elaine...
• MRI Cancelled... Grason'
s Ball joint Not Dislocated...

• I repeat "Grason's Ball joint WAS NOT Dislocated"...

• Inflammation of the joint causing the pain... Ibuprofen for pain... Dr. to see him about noon to send him home... See Dr in a week and then back in SIX Months...


___Dislocated one day... Two days later only Inflammation... Thank You LORD!!! Thank You LORD!!! Thank You LORD!!! Thank You LORD!!! Thank You LORD!!! Thank You LORD!!!

___I didn't Pray for a miracle, but I got one... Shedding wonderful tears of JOY...

Love ya All and Thanks for the Prayers,
Your Brother In JESUS, the Risen Christ,
Bro. Richard



Prayer
"Lord, teach us to pray." Luke 11:1b, NKJV

Why is it we find it so difficult to pray?! I am writing this Seed partly to myself because I struggle as much as anybody – particularly when, as now, I am going through quite a difficult time as I try to come to terms with loss and I find concentration difficult.

It is said that Satan trembles when Christians get on their knees, and we know this, but even so, the prayer meetings are often the least well-attended of any meetings in church. We have recently been encouraged to begin prayer cells in our church, but so far there are very few.

Maybe some find it hard to pray, or feel embarrassed to pray out loud, in front of others, but Jesus says: ‘Where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them’. Prayer is most powerful when we pray with one another and I find it encouraging.

Is it perhaps that we often don’t see an immediate answer to our prayers? We live in an age when communication is instant with emails, mobiles and texting, but we know from past experience that God frequently doesn’t answer our prayers immediately. We think it would be wonderful if He did but He always knows the best timing for us. It may also be that what we are praying for is not in His will and it sometimes helps when we pray using Scriptures.

Smith Wigglesworth, who had a wonderful ministry in the north of England at the turn of the last century, was once asked how often he prayed. His answer was that he never prayed for more than half an hour at a time, but that he never went for more than half an hour without praying – in other words he was in constant touch with the Lord.

There is no getting away from it: prayer is hard work, but if we are to be effective in our Christian walk we have to stick at it, and even if we don’t have an answer straight away we should be persistent, as Jesus encouraged us in the parable of the widow and the unjust judge.

Prayer: Father God, there are many times when I struggle to pray. I long to have a deeper relationship with You, but somehow I find it hard. Thank You for Your patience with me, and please help me. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Today's Writer : Angela Weir

No comments:

Post a Comment