Monday, November 7, 2016

Your Name on God’s Hand

by Max Lucado

When I see a flock of sheep I see exactly that, a flock. A rabble of wool. I don’t see a sheep. I see sheep. All alike. None different. But not so with the Shepherd. To him every sheep is different. Every face has a story.  John 10:3 says, “The sheep listen to the voice of the shepherd. He calls his own sheep by name.”

When we see a crowd, we see exactly that, a crowd. We see people, not persons. A herd of humans. But not so with the Shepherd. To him every face is different. Every face is a story. The Shepherd knows you. He knows your name. And he will never forget it.

God said in Isaiah 49:16, “I have written your name on my hand.” Quite a thought isn’t it? Your name on God’s lips. My… could it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment