Saturday, December 3, 2016

1 Corinthians 2 (KJV)

“And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.” 1 Corinthians 2 (KJV)

Hello everyone.  In this simple scripture we see that we do not necessarily have to possess the gift of pretty words to share the gospel.  We simply need to have the desire to seek God out and to want to share His word.
As I lay in bed to take a nap before work today I started to become very anxious, so I began to pray.  As I prayed, I started to notice how fluid my prayers were in my head.  How pretty the words sounded and how well laid out they came.  I found myself thinking, “gosh, I wish I could pray out loud as clear as I do in my head when I am around others.”  But then the Holy Spirit spoke to me and said, “you’re focusing on the wrong thing.”  Praise God, when I tell you that made me feel better, you best believe it did!  He brought back the verses of eloquence to my remembrance and showed me that many in the Bible that were sent by God were not “pretty” in their words.  The Lord showed Himself through actions, not just words.
I am thankful for a God what leads us, who has sent His Holy Spirit to guide, teach, and comfort us in our moments of doubt and discouragement.

God Bless;
Anna Green

No comments:

Post a Comment