INTRODUCTIONWhen a lost man leaves this world, he finds himself in the midst of the inconceivable judgment of hell (Luke 16:19-31). Yet, when a saved person leaves this world, he finds himself in the glorious presence of the Lord (2 Corinthians 5:8) and in the midst of inconceivable joys (Psalm 16:11). Most Christians have heard about the many mansions in the Father’s house (John 14:2), but the Bible also speaks of the absence of tears, death, sorrow, and pain because “the former things are passed away” (Revelation 21:4). Not only is eternal life going to be great for the believer because of the absence of these things, but even more so because of the presence of the One who died so that believers might have that life.
- (For children): God promises eternal life to those who believe, and God cannot lie (Titus 1:2; 1 John 2:25; 1 John 5:11-13). We will be with Him forever (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17), and we will never sin again (1 Corinthians 15:51-53; Philippians 3:21; 1 John 3:2).
- (For everyone): What are you most looking forward to about heaven? What are some other benefits not mentioned above that you are longing to enjoy?
- Do you have some loved ones already with the Lord? Do you look forward to meeting some of the characters you read about in God’s word? Are you looking forward to worshipping the Lord without any sin to hinder you?
- Thank the Lord for the life you will enjoy in eternity.
- If lost, ask the Lord to save you so you can enjoy these benefits.