INTRODUCTIONMan is not saved by works; however, through the new birth, he is “created in Christ Jesus unto” (Ephesians 2:10) and should be “zealous of” (Titus 2:14) good works. The Lord could easily save a man and immediately take him to heaven, but He chooses to leave man here on this earth to do a work for Him. Though the Lord’s work on this earth is made up of many details, it always includes “the ministry of reconciliation” (2 Corinthians 5:18). Similar to the responsibility to tell others about a known cure for a dreaded disease, every Christian has the responsibility to express to others their knowledge of the cure for the coming judgment of God and how to be reconciled to God.
- (For children): God is not willing that any should perish (2 Peter 3:9). Salvation comes by hearing and believing the word of God (Romans 10:17). Some will never read the Bible and we must tell them the good news (Mark 16:15; Acts 1:8).
- (For everyone): How did the apostle Paul work to fulfil his calling to tell others about Christ? What resources did he use to help him in this endeavor?
- Who have you told about the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ? When is the last time you told somebody about Christ? Are you ashamed of the gospel of Christ (Romans 1:16)?
- Ask God to give you boldness to witness.
- Ask the Lord to give you His burden for lost souls.