- (For children): No matter what we are doing, God should be in our thoughts. Situations will come up in which we need to pay attention to doing the correct thing (2 Corinthians 10:5b; Exodus 23:13a). How could you be sober when playing with a selfish child; with a sibling who wants to keep playing when you are told it is bedtime?
- (For everyone): Why is it important to understand that sobriety is broader than the mere absence of alcohol? Is it possible for someone who has never had any alcohol to have a problem with sobriety?
- How would you define sobriety? Do you consider yourself to be a sober individual? In what areas of life do you find that the Devil attacks your sobriety?
- Ask the Lord to help you find sobriety in every aspect of life.
- Ask God to teach you scriptural sobriety.