Thursday, May 31, 2018

Use Your Gift Properly

Proverbs 18:16, “A man's gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men.”

This statement can be very positive or it can be very negative. A man can bribe great men with gifts. We have seen that throughout the history of our world.

When we talk today about political corruption, we talk about people being on the take. It is sad when it is obvious that good people can be bought and sold. In this Proverb, we are going to look at the positive side. A man can use the gifts or talents God has given him to influence a leader to do the right thing. In the Bible, we see this over and over again.

We need to be wise with what God puts at our disposal. Joseph had the gift of dreams. God used Joseph to influence the king of Egypt, Pharaoh, to make wise decisions that preserved the nation of Israel, Egypt, and many other nations.

Abigail approached David with gifts, asking David to spare her life and the life of those that served with her. Jacob, when he knew that Esau was coming, sent gifts to Esau to calm his wrath. Jacob’s fear of Esau’s wrath had grown in the twenty years of his absence. We all have gifts.
 
Let me encourage you to do something today.
Ask yourself:

1. What are the gifts that God has given me?
2. How am I using those gifts presently?
3. Who have I used my gifts to influence?
4. How could God use me and my gift to influence others?
5. Am I using the gift God has given me for that which is right, for the glory of God, or for my own selfish desires?

Allow God to use the gift He has given you to minister to others and influence others to do that which is right in the sight of God.


Your friend,
David Teis


Image result for Today's Christian Funnies

Today's Bible Verse...


Thoughts on Today's Verse...

What is your strength? Is it your youth? ...your conditioning? ...your wisdom? ...your friends? ...your experience? None of us can depend upon our human ability. Health, wisdom, and wealth are all vulnerabe to the fragility of life and circumstance. Only the LORD can ensure that we can survive the unthinkable, thrive in the mundane, and soar in good times. Let's call upon, let's wait upon, let's depend upon the LORD!

My Prayer...

O LORD, thank you for sustaining me through the hard times in my life. Thank you for helping me soar, doing things for you that I never dreamed I could accomplish. Father, thank you for blessing me during the everyday comings and goings of life. I depend upon you for help and strength. For every good thing in my life I praise you and thank you. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 Have A Blessed Day...


Please share this link with your friends
and Help The StarLight News 
Spread  The Good News...

No comments:

Post a Comment