Saturday, January 2, 2016

Let's Leap Into The New Year 2016 Knowing That

One GOD IS ENOUGH!


Not God andbut GOD!  God is enough. God alone.
If I have all else my heart would desire, and have not Him, I have nothing.
If I have Him and nothing more, I have everything.
My heart must be convinced of this. Only then can I live in peace.

Otherwise, there will always be something else I need urgently, desperately.
And this lack, this urgent need of filling this lack,
will forever drive me to distraction and destroy my rightful peace and rest,
my quietness and confidence in the Lord.

This doesn't mean I don't recognize other things that might be considered needs.
It's only that, while I may see them as good or desirable if within
God's will and purpose for me, I won't see them as ultimate needs,
because God, and God alone, is my only ultimate need.

And what He gives me, in the way and time He gives it, is fine with me.
For He alone is ultimately enough.  Enough for me.

Yes, I have what humans view as responsibilities.
But only those that are God-given are truly mine.
And they are not so much responsibilities as opportunities.
Opportunities to serve and please and give pleasure to the One
who is Himself all I need, and is increasingly, by His grace, all I want.


'The man said when we say, 'I wish you enough,' we were wanting the other person to have a life filled with just enough good things to sustain them.'  Then turning toward me, he shared the following as if he were reciting it from memory.

I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright no matter how gray the day may appear..
I  wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun even more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive and everlasting.
I wish you enough pain so that even the smallest of joys in life may appear bigger.
I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
I wish  you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
I wish you enough hellos to get you through the final good-bye.
He then began to cry and walked away.

They say it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them, a day to love them; but then an entire life to forget them.
Share this with the people you will never forget.

TAKE  TIME TO LIVE..
...

To  all my friends and loved ones,

I WISH YOU ENOUGH.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment