Saturday, July 14, 2018

A Prayer for Strength against Spiritual Warfare

By Jack Graham
“For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.” - Ephesians 6:12
Two brothers came home drunk one night for what must’ve been the 20th time. They had been warned by their parents not to do it again, but the warning didn’t seem like it was deterring them at all. So when the father heard them come in this time, he didn’t confront them but let them go to bed to sleep it off.

The next morning when the two brothers awoke, their dad was sitting at the kitchen table with two pistols. He handed one to each of the brothers. They asked him, “Dad, what’s this all about?” The dad responded, “The way you’re living is slowly killing me and your mother. You might as well just shoot us.”

Cruelty, like Chinese water torture, just pounds and pounds away at others until they either explode into rage or shut down altogether. And while it may not be ‘murder’ per se, it’s an act of disrespect that is akin to hating others.
Maybe today, you’re on the receiving end of someone else’s cruel behavior. Or, perhaps you find yourself on the giving end of cruelty. Wherever there is hatred and anger, combat it with the truth wrapped in love. Overcome cruel behavior by fighting evil with good and speaking the truth in love!
Heavenly Father, each day is a struggle against sin and temptation. Give us the strength to overcome cruelty with grace, and hatred with love. God, remind us that our actions matter. We do not fight a physical battle but a spiritual one, and with each act of compassion we build your kingdom. Help us to be kingdom-builders today. Amen.

Astrology and False Doctrine by Jonny Hawkins

Astrology and False Doctrine 
Today's Bible Verse...

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

There is an eagerness, passion, and a clear sense of purpose that can go with being young — headstrong, untested, and rash is how some who are older might describe it. There is a surety with age because of tried and true methods proven over time — staid, predictable, and unmovable is how some who are younger might describe it. These differences can cause tension and conflict; yet both have something to be learned from the other. No matter how mistaken an older Christian may be, he or she should be treated with the respect that comes from a life proven in faith. But older Christians must also be willing to receive correction from a younger one, especially if it is done prayerfully by a young believer who has demonstrated his humility, love, and respect toward those who are older.

My Prayer...

O Eternal Father, God of my ancestors' history and the assurance of my future, please help me be a person of integrity, especially when I deal with those who are not of my age group. May I be respectful and careful with my tone as I speak with those who are older. May I be pliable and open to change when confronted with my errors by those who are younger. Most of all, Father, please lead those people into my life who will love me enough to forgive my errors and also love me enough to point them out to me and to help me grow beyond them. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
The Thoughts and Prayer on Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware. 

Inspirational illustration of 1 Timothy 5:1

No comments:

Post a Comment