Monday, July 2, 2018

Fruit Loops

04/30/17

Do you worry about what other people think of you? Do you value other people’s opinions more than you value God’s opinion? 

Are you more concerned about fitting into the world than you are about following God’s plan for you? 

Do you allow other people to dictate what you do or don’t do because you fear what they will think of you? 

Do you care more about your value in the eyes of people or in the eyes of God? I think if we are honest with ourselves, we all would have to admit that we spend way too much time worried about what others think about us. We allow other people to direct the course of our lives instead of letting God direct us. We can fail to fulfill the plans God has for us because we are afraid of what others will say. 

Recently, I saw a video clip with Beth Moore and she said something about this subject that has stuck with me. She asked if we were so worried about others thinking we were fruit loops that we failed to bear fruit. 

I laughed when she said it, but when the truth of those words set in, I realized that she is absolutely right. Our fear of what others think can stop us from doing anything for God! We have to realize that anything we do for God will probably cause someone (or many someone’s) to think we are crazy. Those someone’s may even be fellow believers in Christ. And that’s okay! We don’t answer to those people! We answer to God and to God alone! His opinion, His thoughts, and His approval are all we need to be focused on. 

What He says about us trumps anything anyone else says! 
Stop letting other people keep you from living out the life God died to give you! 

The world didn’t understand Jesus, so if it doesn’t understand you, at least you’re in good company!

Up Early Praying by Eddie Eddings

Up Early Praying 

Today's Bible Verse...

I will show the holiness of my great name, which has been profaned among the nations, the name you have profaned among them. Then the nations will know that I am the LORD, declares the Sovereign LORD, when I show myself holy through you before their eyes. —Ezekiel 36:23

Thoughts on Today's Verse...


Ever wondered what would happen if all of God's people from every nation would humble themselves in repentance and ask God to reveal his holiness to the nations?

My Prayer...

Almighty and holy God, I am so sorry for my sins that have tarnished your witness through me to my friends. I am sorry for the sins of my nation and how we have turned from your way. Please forgive us and move in a mighty way to reveal yourself in our day, in all your holiness. In the name of Christ Jesus I pray. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayer on Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware.

Inspirational illustration of Ezekiel 36:23 

No comments:

Post a Comment