Thursday, July 26, 2018

You Were Custom Made

Scripture Reading: Psalms 139   
15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.16 Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.Psalms 139:15-16 NIV

There's nothing quite like having a custom-made shirt.  On one shirt that I had custom made - cut especially for me - I even had my initials embroidered on the cuff. When you get something custom-made, it is fitted to your uniqueness, crafted with you in mind, and you are proud of it. 

Now think about this: YOU have been custom-made by Almighty God, and your days were ordained before time into being. When you read Psalm 139:15-16, I want you to pay close attention to how God has placed all the parts of your life in order.  He's got your whole life in His hands.  This means you can stop trying to be somebody else and be satisfied with the unique person God made you to be.
You are custom-made!  When you live in that realization, you will shine brighter than ever.  Walking in God's purpose for you will turn out to be the greatest adventure you've ever jumped into!

Today's Bible Verse...


"Teach... to teach!" We need faithful women in God's family to help show us the way to reverence God in our daily lives and to live with character. That means we need to teach these women they need to teach. We need to pray for them to step forward and be mentors. We must openly respect their reverent lifestyles and acknowledge their godly character.

My Prayer...

Holy and righteous Father, please raise up women of strong character and faithful service. Give us the eyes to see their godly lives and a willingness to hold them up as examples to your people. Thank you for the many godly women in our Christian heritage who have had tremendous impact for good — women like Deborah, Esther, Mary, Dorcas, and Priscilla. I also want to thank you for those godly women who have made such a great difference in my life and taught me so much about faith, hope, and love. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.
The Thoughts and Prayer on Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware.

Today's Verse Illustrated...

 Inspirational illustration of Titus 2:3

There's No Song for That 

by Andy Robertson

There's No Song for That

 

No comments:

Post a Comment