Friday, September 30, 2011

Happy Friday

No Forwarding Address
                                                    Greg Laurie

Resist the devil and he will flee from you. James 4:7

It’s a subject most of us would like to avoid, and for good reason. Yet at the same time, I think it
is important for us to know the truth about this mysterious creature known as Satan, Lucifer, or
the devil.

On one hand, many seem to have an exalted view of him and ascribe far more power to him
than he really has. That is a mistake.

On the other hand, there are those who discount him altogether, even laughing at the idea of a
real devil. They imagine some character with horns that runs around in a red suit with pitchfork
in hand.

That, of course, is not what the Bible teaches. The devil is a fallen but powerful spirit being with a
well-organized network of demon forces.

When we become Christians, we recognize that there is right and wrong, good and evil. There
are standards to live by. So the devil begins to tempt us and tries to bring us down.

However, we shouldn’t focus on him. We should always be looking to God instead.

The Bible tells us, “Submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God
and He will draw near to you . . . ” (James 4:7–8).

If we are in a state of humble obedience to God, submitted to Him, we can resist the devil’s
temptations. God has put a protective hedge around every Christian and He will not let us be
tempted above our ability to resist (see 1 Corinthians 10:13).

Let’s not make the mistake of underestimating the adversary. He is real, and he is dangerous.
We would all be wise to flee temptation and not leave a forwarding address.

Let’s draw near to God and resist the devil.  


JESUS Is All The World To Me
Jesus is all the world to me, my life, my joy, my all;
He is my strength from day to day, without Him I would fall.
When I am sad, to Him I go, no other one can cheer me so;
When I am sad, He makes me glad, He’s my Friend.

Jesus is all the world to me, my Friend in trials sore;
I go to Him for blessings, and He gives them over and o’er.
He sends the sunshine and the rain, He sends the harvest’s golden grain;
Sunshine and rain, harvest of grain, He’s my Friend.

Jesus is all the world to me, and true to Him I’ll be;
O how could I this Friend deny, when He’s so true to me?
Following Him I know I’m right, He watches o’er me day and night;
Following Him by day and night, He’s my Friend.

Jesus is all the world to me, I want no better Friend;
I trust Him now, I’ll trust Him when life’s fleeting days shall end.
Beautiful life with such a Friend, beautiful life that has no end;
Eternal life, eternal joy, He’s my Friend.

Daily Smile:
It was the firs day of school, and the first grade teacher decided to see how much her students knew about math.
“Steven, can you tell me what is 3 and 2?” 

Steven said, “That’s when you should watch very, very carefully before you swing at the next pitch.”

No comments:

Post a Comment