Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Happy Wednesday

GOD Cares
"The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing." - Zephaniah 3:17

My garden was ugly and dreary. Soggy leaves and mud were everywhere and all I had left was blackened, frostbitten remains of what once had been beautiful flowers. Then, in the middle of all this, I caught sight of some lovely blue sweet-scented violets. They were the only bright spot in an otherwise dismal scene.

As I viewed the simple beauty of those flowers, I was reminded of something that had happened to me a number of years earlier. I had just received some devastating news, which weighed me down and crushed my heart. The days following were as dreary and damaged as my garden. I could see nothing good left in my life, only continuing to live from day to day with sorrow in my heart.

Even so, Jesus was looking down and saw my plight. One day, as I knelt at my bedside and poured out my heart to Him, I felt the presence of Jesus right in my room, and I knew He was by my side. He seemed to say, "I know all about it, and I care." He became the one bright spot that I could look to.

Those out-of-season flowers in my garden were a precious reminder to me of God's presence that day. Though many years have passed since then, tears of joy still come to my eyes when I think of the wonderful comfort God sent from above. No matter what trials I may go through, I know that He will always be with me, and that His beauty will show up in every situation.

If we are experiencing a difficult time right now, we can be comforted by remembering that Jesus knows all about it and, more importantly, He cares!


Softly And Tenderly, JESUS Is Calling
Softly and tenderly Jesus is calling,
Calling for you and for me;
See, on the portals He’s waiting and watching,
Watching for you and for me.
Refrain
      Come home, come home,
      You who are weary, come home;
      Earnestly, tenderly, Jesus is calling,
      Calling, O sinner, come home!

Why should we tarry when Jesus is pleading,
Pleading for you and for me?
Why should we linger and heed not His mercies,
Mercies for you and for me?
Refrain

Time is now fleeting, the moments are passing,
Passing from you and from me;
Shadows are gathering, deathbeds are coming,
Coming for you and for me.
Refrain

O for the wonderful love He has promised,
Promised for you and for me!
Though we have sinned, He has mercy and pardon,
Pardon for you and for me.
Refrain

Daily Smile
Vicky was at a business conference. During a break, she decided to call home collect. Her six-year-old son picked up the phone and heard a stranger’s voice say, “We have Vicky on the line. Will you accept the charges?” 
Frantic, the six-year-old dropped the receiver and came charging outside screaming, “Dad! They have Mom! And they want money!”

No comments:

Post a Comment