Thursday, September 29, 2011

Happy Thursday

Night Fear

The LORD will command His lovingkindness in the daytime, and in the night His song shall
be with me. Psalm 42:8

Recommended Reading: Psalm 4

Research shows that newborn babies have no fear of the dark. After all, they've just spent
nine months in the darkness of the womb. We put nightlights in the nursery so we can see
them, not so they'll be unafraid. But a strange thing happens as we start growing. Many
children develop night fears, imagining creatures outside their windows or monsters under
their beds. As we age, those nighttime fears become more sophisticated. Many of us
struggle every night with letting go of our worries so we can sleep.

Listen to what the Psalmist wrote: The day is Yours, the night also is Yours.... He who
keeps (you) shall neither slumber nor sleep.... I will both lie down in peace, and sleep, for
You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety... You will light my lamp; The LORD my God
will enlighten my darkness... I meditate on You in the night watches.... He gives His beloved
sleep. (Psalm 74:16; 121:4; 4:8; 18:28; 63:6; 127:2).

As Spurgeon said: "They slumber sweetly whom faith rocks to sleep. No pillow so soft as a
promise."

If the Lord's going to stay awake all night, I'm going to sleep! There's no use in us both
staying up!
Anonymous



Everyday With JESUS

Every day with Jesus is sweeter than the day before.
Every day with Jesus, I love Him more and more;
Jesus saves and keeps me, and He's the One I'm waiting for.
Every day with Jesus is sweeter than the day before.


Daily Smile:
A man walks into the psychiatrist’s office with a zucchini up his nose, a cucumber in his left ear, and a breadstick in his right ear. He says, “What is wrong with me?

The psychiatrist replies, “You are not eating properly.”

No comments:

Post a Comment